How can I implement internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) support in a Python web application to cater to a global audience?

Asked 5 months ago

I'm developing a Python web application and want to make it accessible to a global audience by adding internationalization and localization. What are the best practices for this?

Randy Rivas

Thursday, December 07, 2023

To implement internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) in a Python web application, start by isolating user-facing strings into separate files, effectively facilitating the basics of translation management. You can utilize libraries like Babel to manage translations and handle locale-specific formatting.

Keep in mind that frameworks such as Flask and Django come with built-in support for i18n and l10n, allowing for dynamic rendering of content based on user preferences or browser locale settings. Nevertheless, it’s important to periodically update your translations and actively engage with the community for contributions, enhancing language support and ensuring relevance in your application.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?