How can I manage environment-specific configuration settings for my Python application when deploying it with Docker?

Asked 6 months ago

I'm deploying my Python application with Docker, and the need to handle environment-specific configuration settings (dev, test, prod) has come up. What's the best approach to manage these environment-specific configurations effectively?

Filip Dimkovski

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

When deploying your Python application with Docker, you can utilize different approaches for managing configurations. The most common method involves using environment variables to set various configurations for different environments (e.g., development, testing, production) when running Docker containers. Another approach is injecting configuration files into your containers during deployment, which provides structure and version control for your settings. Tools like Docker Compose can help manage these configurations.

Additionally, for sensitive data like API keys and passwords, consider using Docker's secret management tools or similar solutions from your hosting platform to securely store and access these configurations, enhancing both security and accessibility.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?