How can I set up automatic updates for my project's dependencies using Dependabot?

Asked 6 months ago

I'd like to automate the process of updating my project's dependencies using Dependabot. Can you provide some help on how to set up Dependabot for automatic dependency updates, ensuring my project stays up-to-date with the latest package versions?

Pablo Brewer

Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Do the following steps to set up automatic updates with Dependabot:

1. Add a `.dependabot/config.yml` file to your repo. This file will serve as the configuration hub for your project.

2. In the configuration file, define your update policies, specifying how often Dependabot should check for updates and whether to open pull requests automatically or after manual review.

3. Enable Dependabot in your repository settings, which you can find in your hosting platform's integrations or automation section.

4. Configure Dependabot to open pull requests for updates, allowing you to review and test them before merging.

With these steps, Dependabot will keep an eye on your project's dependencies, ensuring they remain secure and up-to-date with minimal effort on your part.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?