Mend.io is passionate about safeguarding the applications that power our digital world. We are a fast-growing company with a vision for building next-level application security that developers and security teams love to use. We have offices in Boston and Tel Aviv and a global workforce of remote workers.
We are seeking for an experienced Java Software Developer to join our Data Core Team. As a Java Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining a software application that works with large amounts of data. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Java and Big Data technologies and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Our culture is open, inclusive, and engaging, and we work hard to foster a company where everyone feels valued. Mend is a company that lives by its values:
- We are passionate about excellence.
- We see the world from the customer’s perspective.
- We are better together.
To learn what makes Mend a great place to work, please check out Hiring Feed and see why you should choose us – https://feed.teamme.io/?id=18&key=5XMoiD2H06.
**Working in a hybrid model! ( two days from the office, three days from home. )**
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain an application that works with Big Data, using Java and related technologies.
- Develop solutions for processing, storing, and analyzing data at scale.
- Design and implement essential algorithmic challenges.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code and ensure that code is thoroughly tested and debugged.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all code meets the standards set by the team.
- Mentor other developers and provide guidance and support as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Java software development, including experience with multithreading, concurrency, and performance optimization-Must!
- Strong experience working with NoSQL databases.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Extensive experience leading design and architecture-related activities.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experienced with AWS and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in data engineering – a big advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent English – written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferred).