How can I automate the deployment of a Python web application to AWS Lambda to leverage serverless computing for cost-effective scaling?

Asked 5 months ago

I'm interested in deploying my Python web application on AWS Lambda to take advantage of serverless computing and I am looking for ways to automate the deployment process.

Delmar Reyes

Thursday, December 07, 2023

To automate the deployment of a Python application to AWS Lambda, use a tool like AWS SAM (Serverless Application Model) or a framework like Serverless Framework. Then, do the following:

1. Start by packaging your application with its dependencies in a format compatible with Lambda.
  2. Define your Lambda functions, triggers, and resources in a SAM template or Serverless configuration file.
  3. Use AWS SAM CLI or Serverless CLI to deploy your application directly from your development environment.
  4. Integrate this process into a CI/CD pipeline for automatic deployments on code changes, enhancing efficiency and consistency.

Once you've done this, your Python application deployment process should be automated.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?