How can I implement a rolling deployment strategy for a Dockerized Python application to gradually update instances and maintain application availability?

Asked 5 months ago

I'm seeking some guidance on implementing a rolling deployment strategy for my Dockerized Python application to ensure gradual updates and uninterrupted application availability. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Memphis Hancock

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Implementing a rolling deployment strategy involves updating instances of your Dockerized Python application one at a time, ensuring continuous availability. To achieve this, you can employ container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Docker Swarm. So, do the steps below:

1. You should first create duplicate instances of your app with the updated code.
  2. Then, gradually route traffic to the new instances while monitoring their health and performance.
  3. Implement a rollback mechanism to revert to previous versions in case issues arise.
  4. Last but not least, remember to use load balancers to distribute traffic intelligently between new and old instances.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?